first_imgDonegal Junior LeagueReports Old Orchard Saturday Division OneGlencar Celtic 3 Glenea United Reserves 3( No Report Submitted ) Mulroy Celtic kept the pressure on Strand Rovers at the top of the Glencar Inn Saturday Division Two table. A 3-1 victory over Ramelton Mariners ensured the Maghery men did not increase their lead at the top of the Division despite gaining a very good victory over fourth placed Tullyvinney Rovers at the Crossroads.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoRamelton Mariners 1 Mulroy Celtic 3Darren Conor put Mulroy ahead with a well struck free-kick on his debut. Not to be outdone another debutant Seami Nani did likewise to level the scores. Michael Sweeney restored Mulroy’s lead before the interval. Mulroy went on to win 3-1 but the game was somewhat spoiled by a second half injury to David Fisher. Best wishes from everyone to David for a speedy recovery.Tullyvinney Rovers 0 Strand Rovers 1A tough but battling encounter between two teams fighting for promotion saw Strand Rovers come out on top in Killygordan courtesy of a first half Darragh Hanlon goal. Tullyvinney started out much the better side. Efforts from Joel Cromie and Matthew Grant came to nothing however for the home side. The breakthrough came midway through the first half as Hanlon beat the offside trap and subsequently the keeper in a one on one situation. The second half was a much harder fought battle with both sides really getting stuck into each other in a real tense top of the table clash. The game was now end to end action. The lively Hanlon was causing trouble for the Tullyvinney backline who to their credit dealt with almost all that came their way. At the other end there were chances missed by Tullyvinney as Redmond Doherty saw his free kick from 25 yards smash the top of the crossbar while top scorer Matthew Grant came agonisingly close with a header from 10 yards only to see it go just wide of the Strand post. In the end the win for Strand was certainly a fair result. Tullyvinney will rue the missed chances. Best for Strand were Brendan Glackin and Darragh Hanlon and for the home side Square McNulty, Jason Moore and Joel Cromie stood out on the day.Downtown Cup Erne Wanderers 2 Fintown Harps AFC 0Erne Wanderers hosted Fintown Harps in this Downtown Cup game played in wintery conditions at the Lakeside Centre. The hosts in truth were comfortable from start to finish and completely dominated in all areas. They broke the deadlock on the half hour mark when veteran Diarmuid Slevin shot into the roof of the net after a corner fell to him 6 yards out. Peter Boyle in the Wanderers’ net had a quiet afternoon as an under strength Harps offered little up front. The only goal in the second half came straight from kick-off when Erne worked the ball through to Diarmuid Spratt who squeezed it under Leon Thompson in the Harps’ goal. Erne could have scored on numerous occasions but some poor finishing let them down. Harps came close when Darragh Gallagher hit a 20 yard free kick which Boyle finger tipped onto the bar. Referee: Andrew Mullin.Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 1 Curragh Athletic Reserves 2Curragh left “The Moss” the happier team on Saturday afternoon with three points in the bag. It was a closely fought match from start to finish. Drumoghill had taken the lead on 25 minutes when Liam O’ Donnell did well to round the keeper after latching onto a through ball from Richard Gordan. Drumoghill should have been further ahead only to find the Curragh keeper in fine form. Curragh got back on level terms ten minutes after the restart when Simon Gallagher beat the off side trap and slotted pasted the advancing keeper. Both teams played some fine football in some tricky weather conditions and never gave up with Curragh sneaking the winner in the 90 minute. Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 5 Drumoghill F.C. 3Johnny Logue opened Milford’s account at “The Moss” in this reversed fixture. Paul Shields doubled the advantage ten minutes later when he headed home. Milford held their two goal advantage until the interval. The second half was to be a more exciting affair and Richie Moore pulled one back for Drumoghill after ten minutes. PJ Hagan restored Milford’s two goal advantage when he converted Gary Merritt’s cross on fifteen minutes. Drumoghill never gave in and Eunan Kelly had them within a single goal when his shot eluded Caolan Mc Gettigan in the Milford net. Merritt himself got the game’s sixth goal when he was set up by Paul Nash and he calmly chipped the Drumoghill keeper. It was game on with four minutes remaining as Drumoghill scored amid a goalmouth scramble. Under a lot of pressure Milford somehow held out and Joey Cullen added a late fifth to assure Noel Gillespie’s men the victory.Watson Hire Division OneCurragh Athletic 3 Gweedore United 1Night football is proving popular with yet another game played under the floodlights in Killygordon and one in which Curragh overcame a strong Gweedore United team thanks to a fabulous hat-trick from young Colm Melaugh. In a game in which Gweedore looked capable of taking at least a share of the points Melaugh’s skill in finishing and some excellent saves by home keeper Shane O’ Brien ensured it was Curragh who took all three. The first real effort came on seven minutes when Gary Quinn controlled well but his shot went wide. O’ Brien then saved well from a Gweedore free on ten minutes before Curragh had a shot cleared off the line. But it all began to happen for Curragh on thirty seven minutes when Calvin Bradley put Melaugh through and his shot found the net from just inside the eighteen. It was two nil two minutes later when Melaugh again got through on goal and he made no mistake rounding the keeper and slotting into an empty net. Two nil at the break. Gweedore pilled on the pressure at the start of the second half but they found Curragh’s net minder Shane O’ Brien in great form. In fact it was Curragh who got the next goal on sixty six minutes with Gary Quinn putting Melaugh through to again round the keeper and finish from an acute angle. Gweedore managed to pull a goal back on seventy one minutes when the impressive Shane O’ Donnell slotted home a penalty awarded for a hand ball in the box. Gweedore to their credit never have up and but for O’ Brien this game could have been very much in the balance. Shane O’ Donnell and Frank Mc Ghee tried hard for the visitors who overall put in very spirited performance. Curragh had a good team performance with the O’ Brien Brothers, Calvin Bradley, Gerard Melaugh and all players putting in a good shift as did man of the match Colm Melaugh. Referee: Paddy Duffy.Whitestrand United 2 Keadue Rovers 5On a cold day at Mc Garvey Park Whitestrand United took on Keadue Rovers. Both teams wanted the points and as a result the beginning of the game was largely end to end. On 40 minutes the deadlock was broken when Doug Neely latched onto a through ball and calmly slotted past the keeper. The second came through a defensive error on the stroke of halftime when Hugh Boyle tapped home. The second half started with Keadue on the front foot and they scored the third on 50 minutes. Sean Martin pulled one back on 55 minutes when he headed in at the far post. Keadue had a man sent off on 70 minutes and Benny Callaghan scored from the resulting free. Keadue scored their fourth which was a cracking strike into the top corner. The final goal was a breakaway goal and wrapped up the victory. Best for Keadue was Luke Neely.Copany Rovers 2 Lagan Harps 2Austin Marron gave Lagan Harps the lead in this match played at the Lakeside Centre in Ballyshannon. Copany drew level when a shot struck Damien Mc Fadden and ended up in the net. David Graham gave Copany the lead before Gerard Hilley ensured Lagan a share of the spoils with an equaliser which was deserved on the day.Dunkineely Celtic 1 Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 1Played in perfect weather conditions in Darney Park this game lived up to the cliché of a game of two halves. Despite opening the scoring in the second minute Dunkineely had to play second fiddle to Kerrykeel for the remainder of the first half. The home side took the lead on two minutes when Paul Murrin sent Adrian Nesbitt clear with a great pass and he scored from 10 yards. Kerrykeel, despite this setback, dominated play for the remainder of the half and got a deserved equaliser on the half hour when Marty Mc Ateer scored from 18 yards with a great strike to the top corner. Dunkineely changed their formation for the second half and started to take control of midfield. They created numerous chances but failed to add to the scoreline. James Byrne, Paul Murrin and Alastair Rodger all had chances but failed to find the target. Kerrykeel were restricted to efforts on the break and nearly won it at the death when a free kick played into the box was stabbed narrowly wide. A share of the points was probably a fair result but both sides would have wanted to take all three for different reasons. Referee: Joe Mc HughCT Ball Division TwoDunlewey Celtic 1 Bonagee United 2Two Peter Mc Namee strikes ensured Bonagee United returned from Glentornan Park with three important points in the bag. With Convoy Arsenal not playing due to the weather the Dry Arch men had an opportunity to creep a few points further ahead at the summit of the Division and they did not miss the chance. Dunlewey scored from a free kick when Ciaran Mc Geady header home Mark Roarty’s cross to reduce the deficit to the minimum but that is all it took for the Liam Haughey led side to maintain their good run.ResultsOld Orchard Saturday Division OneArranmore United P v P Donegal Town ReservesGlencar Celtic 3 v 3 Glenea United ReservesGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoRamelton Mariners 1 v 3 Mulroy CelticTullyvinney Rovers 0 v 1 Strand RoversDowntown CupErne Wanderers 2 v 0 Fintown Harps AFCSt. Catherines Reserves P v P Drumbar F.C.Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 1 v 2 Curragh Athletic ReservesCastlefin Celtic Reserves P v P Orchard F.C.Milford United Reserves P v P Cranford United ReservesBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 5 v 3 Drumoghill F.C.Rathmullan Celtic P v P Lifford CelticSt. Catherines P v P Kildrum TigersWatson Hire Division OneCurragh Athletic 3 v 1 Gweedore UnitedWhitestrand United 2 v 5 Keadue RoversCopany Rovers 2 v 2 Lagan HarpsDunkineely Celtic 1 v 1 Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.Castlefin Celtic P v P Kilmacrennan CelticCT Ball Division TwoDunlewey Celtic 1 v 2 Bonagee UnitedLetterbarrow Celtic P v P Deele HarpsBallybofey United P v P Convoy ArsenalFixturesSaturday 07-02-2015 K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves v Ramelton MarinersStrand Rovers v Mulroy CelticCranford United Reserves v Keadue Rovers ReservesDowntown CupGlenea United Reserves v Arranmore United (K.O. 1p.m.)Milford United Reserves v Glenree United ReservesDrumoghill F.C. Reserves v Castlefin Celtic ReservesTullyvinney Rovers v Orchard F.C.Drumbar F.C. v Donegal Town ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves v Erne WanderersSunday 08-02-2015 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionRathmullan Celtic v Gweedore CelticLifford Celtic v Drumoghill F.C.Milford United v Cappry RoversKildrum Tigers v Cranford UnitedDonegal Town v St. CatherinesWatson Hire Division OneKilmacrennan Celtic v Keadue RoversLagan Harps v Castlefin CelticCT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town v Deele HarpsBonagee United v Eany CelticConvoy Arsenal v Dunlewey CelticGlenree United v Letterbarrow CelticKnockalla Cup K.O. 1.30 p.m.Glenea United v Glengad F.C.DONEGAL LEAGUE: UPDATED REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: February 1st, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *