Sunshine Coast mega estate officially opens its gateway today

first_imgHarmony estate in Palmview on the Sunshine Coast is in hot demand as the coastal land market continues to power on.“At Stylemaster Homes, we are strong believers in doing our bit for the environment, that’s whywe provide every home with 2.1Kw of solar panels with the option for buyers to increase theirsolar to 5.4Kw,” Mr Nancarrow said.“There has been strong demand for our homes in the Sunshine Coast market, with a highnumber of inquires and sales since launching our homes at Harmony earlier this year.”Work is well underway on Harmony’s Display World, which is set to be Queensland’s largestdisplay village north of the Brisbane River, with 43 homes. A concept image of Queensland’s first grand linear park at Harmony, at Palmview on the Sunshine Coast.The first homes have now settled at Harmony and home construction set to start.Harmony’s first homebuyer Daniel Clark said he was looking forward to constructioncommencing on his new home.“It is very exciting to get out on site and see the construction progressing at Harmony,” Mr Clark said.“Having downsized to a smaller sized block will mean less time spent on maintenance and moretime for the important things in life.“I have always wanted to live close to the beach. It will be such a treat living a short drive to somany great beaches.” Daniel Clark, Harmony’s first homebuyer; Mike Nancarrow from Stylemaster Homes and Anthony Demiris Harmony’s Development Manager, check out the new estate.THE gateway to one of the Sunshine Coast’s largest masterplanned community’s will officially open today in a landmark moment for the developer.Peter Crosby Way, the gateway to Harmony estate at Palmview will be officially opened by Sunshine Coast councillor Rick Baberowski.AVID Property Group general manager Bruce Harper said the event would be a landmark day for development at Palmview.“The road’s name pays homage to the site’s Crosby family history and will service 12,000 futureHarmony residents, as well as those in neighbouring communities,” Mr Harper said.Harmony will deliver diverse housing to the ever-growing Sunshine Coast community with more than 4,800 homes, 100ha of parklands and a 15,250sq m town centre over the next 15 to 20 years.center_img Mike Nancarrow from Stylemaster Homes looks over the plans with Daniel Clark, Harmony’s first homebuyer.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor3 hours agoMr Clark said Harmony offered the perfect location and green spaces.“Harmony is the perfect location for me — right in the heart of the Sunshine Coast but also ashort drive to Brisbane, meaning I can be close to both my daughters and grandchildren atNoosa and Albany Creek,” he said.“I love that my block is so private and there will be lots of green, open spaces in the community.”One of Queensland’s most awarded home builders, Stylemaster Homes, is set to deliver MrClark’s new four bedroom, open plan home at Harmony.Mike Nancarrow from Stylemaster Homes said its homes were designed for the Queenslandclimate, with large windows and doors for cross ventilation and proving an abundance of naturallight.last_img read more

Silverwood replaces Bayliss as England head coach

first_imgLONDON (Reuters) – Chris Silverwood was named England head coach on Monday in place of Trevor Bayliss as the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) opted against another overseas candidate to take the team forward.British media reported last week that former India and South Africa coach Gary Kirsten had emerged as the leading contender, but Silverwood, the team’s former bowling coach, was preferred.Australian Bayliss departed last month after England’s drawn home Ashes series against Australia having led the team for four years.They struggled for consistency in tests under his guidance, slipping to fourth in the world rankings, but enjoyed sustained success in one-day cricket, rising to the top of the rankings and winning their first 50-over World Cup title this year on home soil.The 44-year-old Silverwood played six Tests and seven one-day internationals for England as a fast bowler during his playing career, the majority of which was spent with his native county Yorkshire.He moved into coaching and in 2017 led Essex to their first County Championship title for 25 years before becoming England pace bowling coach.“Chris was the standout candidate,” England director of cricket Ashley Giles said in a statement www.ecb.co.uk/news/1373353.“He is what we need to take our international teams forward. He’s somebody we know well, but it is his intimate understanding of our structures and systems and his close relationships with test captain Joe Root and white-ball captain Eoin Morgan that will help us develop our plans for the next few years,” Giles added.“He has performed exceptionally well during his role as an assistant coach and has the ultimate respect of the players’ that have worked with him.”Silverwood’s first assignment will be England’s tour of New Zealand on which they play five Twenty20 internationals starting on Nov. 1 and two tests, before they travel to South Africa.“I’m excited to get started and build teams that the whole game can be proud of,” Silverwood said.“There is a tremendous amount of talent coming through, and enormous potential for growth. The hard work starts now, and I’m confident we can make a positive impact during our winter tours of New Zealand and South Africa.”Former England captain Nasser Hussain said Silverwood was a safe pair of hands, but that the job represented a big step up for him.“There is a massive difference between being a friendly bowling coach and being the main man, picking and choosing your time to get hard and tough with the players, especially in the test arena. That will be a challenge,” Hussain told Sky Sports.“At the moment he is popular but if he wants to do a good job he might have to upset a few people.” Caption:  Edgbaston, Birmingham, Britain – July 31, 2019 England’s Jofra Archer (right) talks to bowling coach Chris Silverwood during nets Action Images via Reuters/Andrew Boyers/Fileslast_img read more

Govt’s plot to mislead nation exposed – GAWU

first_imgA systemic and deliberate plot by the Government of Guyana — through its Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) and Department of Public Information (DPI) — to deliberately mislead Guyanese about the administration’s handling of the dismissal of thousands of sugar workers has been exposed by the Opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP) and the Guyana Agricultural and General Workers Union (GAWU) on Wednesday.Agriculture MinisterNoel HolderSpeaking during an interview with the Guyana Times, Komal Chand, GAWU General Secretary, said union representatives and sugar workers were on Tuesday shocked and taken aback by statements attributed to Agriculture Minister Noel Holder which were printed and broadcast in the media.Holder is quoted by the DPI as saying that the Government managed to save close to 5,000 jobs in the sugar industry while preventing some 9,000 persons from being retrenched or laid off. The Minister is also quoted extensively in the DPI release as arguing that this was done through an assimilation plan which incorporated the workers in the public service.Minister Holder is reported to have made those statements to the Central Corentyne Chambers of Commerce (CCC) at a meeting held at Mibicuri, Black Bush Polder, in Region Six. He also claimed that sugar workers were the highest paid category of workers in Guyana, pocketing an easy $200,000 or more monthly in wages and salaries.Chand insists that the picture painted by the Minister was purely “fictional” in nature and was “devoid of facts”. He said if there was any truth to the statements purportedly made by Holder, then the Government needs to explain why it kept this so called assimilation plan a top secret.The GAWU Head further reasoned that the Minister also needs to explain why the Government has been in defensive mode ever since issuing retrenchment and dismissal letters to thousands of workers before closing several East Demerara estates.“Why wasn’t this defence proffered earlier?” he asked. “And why did the Government accept the figures presented by GuySuCo and endorsed by our union about those who will be actually retrenched or affected?” the Union Head quizzed.Asked specifically if the closure of the East Demerara estates and the Commission of Inquiry Report on the State of the Sugar Industry were discussed as substantive issues in the National Assembly, as alleged by Holder, Chand responded in the negative.“That is an untruth. The records are there… Something is wrong with the Minister… Two years ago, he provided the Commission of Inquiry Report to the Parliament, but it was never discussed,” Chand contended, as he reminded that when an attempt was made to discuss those issues at the level of the Economic Services Committee, the attempt was blocked by Committee Chairman Jaipaul Sharma, who said that Parliament had not given approval for the referral of the CoI Report to the committee to be discussed.Chand insisted that GuySuCo’s former Chief Executive Officer, Errol Hanoman, who, according to the longstanding union representative, should not have been on the job in the first place, had informed the Granger Cabinet back in October 2016 that the total number of workers to be affected by downsizing the industry was 7, 800, including the Wales Estate workers.“…here, the Minister is giving 9,000, excluding Wales’ workers,” Chand declared, as he insisted that a deliberate attempt was being made to rewrite the facts surrounding the Government’s hasty and politically-inspired move.The GAWU Head also denied Holder’s statements that the workers attached to community and health centres which served GuySuCo were transferred and absorbed into the staff of the ministries of Communities and Public Health. He said the large amount of workers Holder was referring to are merely 46 attached to the health centres and 27 attached to the community centres.“It is not a reality that these health and community centers’ workers have been transferred,” Chand said, before remarking, “If this is so, then it’s a highly secretive move and deal, and the people in those centres as well as GAWU have not been made aware of this, as they are still being paid by GuySuCo…”.Delivering what might be termed another feral blast at the Agriculture Minister’s credibility and integrity, Chand said a mere 68 workers from the Wales Estate had been transferred to Uitvlugt, while arguing that it was totally untrue that a large portion had been transferred.Doling out more statistics not presented by Holder, Chand declared that only 225 workers attached to the Rose Hall Estate were “retained” to do drainage and security works; and he insisted that they have not been given permanent employment or transferred to the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority (NDIA).While Chand admitted that some 708 Rose Hall workers were “earmarked” to be transferred to Albion and Blairmont Estates, he said they had not been transferred as yet, as no discussion on working conditions, salaries and employment status have been undertaken with the unions or workers.Chand again insisted that the Minister was dishonest when he gave the impression that Government had saved jobs at Enmore and Skeldon; because, he said, only 128 workers from Enmore and 100 from Skeldon were given seasonal drainage work and maintenance duties related to the power house facilities there.“Who can believe the Minister said that they (Government) were unaware about the situation at GuySuCo when they made a commitment in their manifesto… The magistrate would tell you that ignorance of the law is no excuse… They are aware of the GuySuCo situation there… In fact, in 2014, the Opposition members of the Economic Services Committee grilled GuySuCo on its debt… In fact, Paul Bhim was also then the Finance Director….and it’s unacceptable that they are now saying that they are unaware… It’s foolish, as far as I am concerned….” an irate Chand said.The GAWU Head also denied that an average worker had pocketed $200,000 per month. He said that if this sum is calculated by 16,000 workers, then the GuySuCo wage bill would be in the vicinity of $3.2 billion per month.“Here, again, something is wrong with the Minister,” Chand insisted, while also denying that the Corporation had made US$90 billion per year but still fell short on its financial responsibilities.He said Guyanese understand fully that the Granger Administration had acted recklessly and politically when it sent the workers packing without an impact assessment plan or plan for reintegrating the workers into the world of work, even if it meant retraining and retooling them in order for them to be rehired.“So it’s a lot of false information that he peddled in defending the irrational decision to miniaturise the industry and put thousands of people on the breadline and hurt this country… And since he spoke about redundant workers, I think the time has come — and it should not be delayed — the Minister himself should be made redundant…,” the GAWU Head posited. (Michael Younge) Dismissed sugar workers…Agri Minister still in “la la land” – Chand…demands his resignation over dishonesty, lack of integritylast_img read more