Josh Homme Apologizes Again For Kicking Photographer: “I Was A Total Dick”

first_imgOn Saturday night, Josh Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age made news after he intentionally kicked the camera of Shutterstock photographer, Chelsea Lauren, causing the to hit her in the face—Lauren was hospitalized for injuries. During the performance, Homme also caused a security guard in the pit to go to the medic after kicking him in the back of the head, cut his own face with a knife, yelled “Fuck Muse” to the crowd, and called the audience “retards.”  In the day since, the incident has caused an uproar.QOTSA’s Josh Homme Kicks Female Photographer, Slices Open Own Face At Christmas ConcertOn Sunday, Josh Homme issued a brief written apology via the Queens of the Stone Age Twitter. He justified his behavior because he was “lost in performance,” apologizing to Lauren and noting he would “never cause intentional harm to anyone working at or attending one of our shows.” However, many fans and industry folks found the apology lacking, particularly because of its short and impersonal tone and because man viewed its opening line regarding being “lost in performance” as an excuse.Today, Josh Homme issued yet another apology, this time in the form of a video blog. In the video, Homme admits that he “was a total dick” after noting “I don’t have any excuse or reason to justify what I did.” During the apology, Homme directly apologizes to Lauren as well as to his bandmates, parents, wife, brother, and kids, explaining, “I don’t want them to ever be ashamed or embarrassed about being around me or knowing me.”On Sunday, Lauren told the press that though she initially was not considering pressing charges, she had been convinced to file a police report on Monday. Homme’s tone is reflective, closing the video with, “I’m gonna have to figure out some stuff,” before addressing Lauren for a final time, “I understand you have to do whatever you have to do.” pic.twitter.com/LUdxsTQE6P— QOTSA (@qotsa) December 11, 2017last_img read more

Turkey, Russia begin Idlib talks

first_imgMUNICH – A Turkish delegation willtravel to Russia on Monday to discuss the situation in Syria’s Idlib provinceamid mounting fears of a humanitarian disaster there, Turkey’s foreign ministersaid. Civilians flee from Idlib toward the north to find safety inside Syria near the border with Turkey, Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020. Syrian troops are waging an offensive in the last rebel stronghold. AP Hundreds of thousands of civilians inIdlib province are scrambling to escape a widening, multi-front offensive bySyrian President Bashar Assad’s forces.center_img “What matters is today around 1 millionpeople from Idlib have been moving towards our border,” Turkey’s PresidentRecep Tayyip Erdogan said in a statement Saturday after a phone call with U.S.President Donald Trump in which they discussed Syria and other topics. “We arealready hosting 3.5-4 million people. Unfortunately we are not in a position ofaccepting this another 1 million.” (AP)last_img read more